Have you wondered what causes breast cancer? Modern medicine probably hasn’t given you a satisfactory explanation. Here are some other perspectives for you to consider.
One of our primary premises is that cancer, and indeed all illness, is a result of chronic physical, mental, emotional and other types of stressors. Many healers and experts also hold this opinion.
What causes breast cancer
Let’s understand what causes breast cancer through a symbolic view.
1. Louise Hay
Louise Hay, a vaginal cancer survivor and world-renowned author, attributes the development of her own cancer to being raped in early childhood. In her best-selling book, You Can Heal Your Life, she says that her cancer was caused because she held on to the anger and resentment of being raped. She also speaks of healing herself by letting go of this long-stored emotional turmoil. This is an example of how emotional stress can lead to illness.
- She further adds, breasts represent mothering, nurturing and nourishment. Breast problems represent a refusal to nourish the self, putting everyone else first and over-mothering, overprotecting and overbearing attitudes.
- She also lists cancer as being caused by long-held anger and resentment.
2. Caroline Myss: The 4th chakra connection
A leading authority in holistic health, and author of many books about the human energy field, Dr Caroline Myss makes a correlation between the body’s energy chakras (described in Yoga texts) and the stresses that can disturb the flow of life energy, leading to illness.
- There are 7 chakras, starting from the base of the spine and ending at the top of the head. Each chakra supplies life energy to its surrounding organs.
- The chest/breast area is served by the 4th or heart chakra. The heart chakra is associated with love, forgiveness and compassion – qualities of the heart.
- Breast cancer is caused by a disturbance in the energy flow in this chakra.
- Do you consider yourself a caring, nurturing person, prone to being over-caring?
- Do you mostly put your needs last?
- What resentment do you need to let go of? Whom do you need to forgive?
- What emotional memories do you still need to heal? Are there any relationships in your life that require healing?
- Who are the people that you are yet to forgive and what prevents you from letting go of the pain you associate with them?
- Do you ever use emotional wounds to control people or situations?
- What have you done that needs forgiving? Which people are working to forgive you?
Has this article helped? Have you been able to detect what could be the possible causes of breast pain and probable answers to what causes breast cancer? Leave us a comment. And please share this information with anyone that you think might need it.
More from this series
|Title||About the article|
|The Cancer Rosetta||Since cancer is complex and multi-factorial, it is well worth looking at it from many different perspectives. Also, to remember that no one healing system has all the answers. That’s why we offer you the Cancer Rosetta as a key to your healing journey.|
|Breast Cancer||Breast cancer now strikes younger and younger women. While modern medicine focuses on genetic factors, what about the possible mental/ emotional triggers? Consider aspects like over-caring for others and ignoring yourself, long-held anger and resentment, and even inability to love or forgive. Challenging insights from celebrated authors and holistic experts Louise Hay, and Caroline Myss.|
|Cervical Cancer||If you have cervical cancer, it can be worthwhile to look into what kind of societal norms you follow and how the beliefs that you may have inherited from your family affect you.|
|Colo-Rectal Cancer||Besides physical factors like dietary habits, can mental/ emotional aspects like suppressed emotions or the greed for money, power and control trigger Colon cancer? Intriguing insights from renowned authors: Louise Hay, Caroline Myss, Rudiger Dahlke and Thorwald Dethlefsen.|
|Leukemia/Lymphoma||Leukemia & Lymphoma are mysterious diseases, indeed. What is the role of mental/ emotional aspects like relationships with family/ society, and particularly long-held resentment in triggering cancers of the blood? Provocative insights from renowned authors and healers: Louise Hay, Caroline Myss, Rudiger Dahlke and Thorwald Dethlefsen.|
|Pancreatic Cancer||Pancreatic cancer is both rare and deadly. What do issues like the inability to accept love or managing your ego have to do with triggering pancreatic cancer? Here’s what renowned authors and holistic practitioners like Louise Hay, Caroline Myss, Rudiger Dahlke and Thorwald Dethlefsen have to say.|
|Ovarian Cancer||Ovarian (and uterine/ cervical) cancer are increasingly common. Renowned authors like Louise Hay, Caroline Myss suggest that curbing your creativity, financial insecurity, discomfort with your sexuality, are mental/ emotional triggers to consider|
|Stomach Cancer||This article looks at stomach cancer through a psychological and energetic lens and provides insight into the kinds of stresses that may have led to the condition. It offers questions for introspection, that can contribute to recovery.|
|Prostate Cancer||What causes prostate cancer? What kind of mental and emotional patterns can trigger prostate cancer? Here are some insights and opportunities for self-reflection.|